Getting a college degree can be a lot like eating an elephant – time-consuming, overwhelming and difficult! Fortunately, the way to get through both challenges is by taking it one step at a time until the challenge is complete. It’s just that simple. And it’s just that difficult.
So what keeps a person motivated through an entire elephant (or college degree)? Celebrating small victories, like a good test grade or accomplishing the week’s assignments, can be the difference between big success or burnout.
So, we asked our students, how do you celebrate? These are a few of our favorite answers:
- “I give God thanks in all things, whether they are small or big.”
- “With a small, sweet treat!”
- “I sometimes forget to celebrate small wins, but when I remember, I generally try to thank God for the fortitude to stay on task.”
- “I love to sing, so I get to sing a song on the Smule app when I complete my list academically and. Personally.”
- “Reflecting on how far I’ve come and sharing the wins with my children in hopes that it promotes initiative to achieve their dreams.”
- “Ice cream and jumping!”
- “A meal at Golden Chick, six-piece spicy tenders with fried okra.”
What are some of your favorite ways to celebrate small wins? We’d love to see your answers in the comments below!