College is expensive. But you can use your status as a student to your advantage. You can search for retailers and services who offer a college student discount. Hopefully you’ve heard about this perk, and hopefully you’ve used it a time or two. But there may be some unexpected places you can use your student discount.
This list is by no means exhaustive, and if you’ve found a college student discount you think is awesome, please share it with us! We know your fellow students would love to hear about it.
- Amazon – Oh, Amazon, you make the world go round, you offer us anything and everything we want with easy 2-day delivery. And if you’re a college student, you can qualify for six months of Amazon Prime for free! Once your trial period is over, you can up your membership for only $49 for a year.
- Apple – Apple offers special education pricing and promotions for college students. These deals change with the products Apple offers, of course. If you’re looking to buy an Apple product for your school work, definitely take advantage of the reduced pricing.
- Apple Music – When you’re studying at home and you just need the right music in the background, Apple Music will be there to save the day. Students can spend as little as $5 each month for a subscription. You’ll have identical services to the regular subscription plan, but you’ll pay half as much!
- Best Buy – Best Buy’s college student discount isn’t just applied to big ticket items, they also offer discounts on smaller essentials like wireless keyboards and mouse. Remember, if you sign up online, you’ll need to use your SNU email address.
- Dell – Dell’s student discount program is pretty straightforward. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a desktop, laptop, monitor or other components, Dell offers a 12% discount. So shop away!
- HP – Now, HP’s student discount promotion is a little different. They’re a little more tight-lipped about which products qualify for the discount. You can find out which items are available for their student discount by signing up with your school email.
- Microsoft – Bill Gates believes education is vitally important. Microsoft offers a student discount on a wide range of products, plus, students are eligible for receive Office 365 for free. That means you can get all the computer programs you’d need for basic computer work for zero dollars!
- Spotify – Ok, guys, this one is a good one. You can get Spotify Premium for $5 each month. Oh, and you get Hulu and Showtime as part of your plan. That’s almost $22 in savings!
Who is still waiting for the Sunday paper to get all their weekly coupons? Anyone? No, that’s what we thought. Value Colleges has compiled a list of 25 apps for college students to find those awesome discounts and ways to save money. These apps range from finding local gas prices to open wifi. Talk about hitting the jackpot!
Another fantastic resource is StudentDiscountList.org. Not only do they have a list for places offering student discounts in Oklahoma, they have lists for all 50 states. So if you’re traveling, you still might be able to pull out that SNU ID and save some money.
If you’re not sure if someplace offers a student discount, just ask! Always keep your student ID with you, just in case you can save yourself a couple bucks! You can’t beat having a coupon that’s good to almost anywhere and doesn’t expire.